Supply Counter Manager - Full Time
Dominion is looking for a full-time Supply Counter Manager for our Arlington Location who brings energy, enthusiasm, dedication, drive and strong interpersonal skills to our team. We are a family-owned, organization serving retail and trade clients since 1940. Our commitment to take care of the customer ensures clients receive exceptional advice, service, products and value. We are looking for someone that wants to find their long-term career and join a successful team of experienced staff.
The Counter Sales Manager’s primary duties include managing the department, supervising the performance of department staff, and coordinating with other departments to resolve issues relevant to sales orders. Including:
• Train and develop employees to meet sales targets and customer satisfaction.
• Assess the performance of employees periodically, identify gaps in performance expectations, and recommend areas of improvements with timely follow-up.
• Schedule employees to manage daily counter operations, adjust work hours to provide adequate coverage to meet customer’s needs, including staffing the counters on Saturdays and be personally responsible to work at the counter at least nine* Saturdays within a calendar year.
• Attend and participate in management meetings to discuss issues, programs, incentive goals versus performance and market trends.
• Coordinate with other departments, including accounts receivable, purchasing, inside sales, marketing, warehouse, MIS, accounting, customer service and administration.
• Act as a strategic partner to build and grow long term relationships with contractor customers.
Essential Job Functions
• Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills, ability to motivate.
• Complete knowledge of electrical wholesale and retail business, including sales, marketing, inventory and management.
• A good understanding of the commodity market environment.
• Good knowledge on electrical goods and products
• Good leadership skills to meet company’s strategic objectives, including gross profit.
• Computer literate
• Physical ability to bend, stoop, climb and carry as well as lift.
This is a full time position based out of our Arlington, Virginia branch. Please send resume to Megha Singh, HR Generalist III, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominion is always searching for bright and talented individuals. If you are interested in a position, please contact Megha Singh in our HR department, at email@example.com.
Download our Application for Employment here. Dominion is an equal opportunity employer.
Consider a career in electrical distribution!