Residential Lighting Time Table
6 Months before house completion:
Before you meet your lighting consultant, you should consider the following questions and how they pertain to each room of your new home:
- What is the function of the space?
- What tasks will be performed there?
- What objects do you want to highlight?
- Which architectural features should be emphasized?
- What will your furniture layout be?
Four to five months:
- Schedule your initial consultation with a Dominion lighting consultant (blueprints and budget will be needed and reviewed at this appointment).
- Meet with your consultant and together draw a preliminary layout.
Three to four months:
- Schedule your second appointment with Dominion to finish the layout.
- Get any necessary approvals.
- Confirm selections or think about questions for builder.
- Review any questionable aspects.
- Confirm initial layout.
- Verify plans against actual construction.
- Choose decorative fixtures with lighting consultant who will help with specifications.
- Meet with lighting consultant to confirm and order fixtures and other systems.
- Sign off on selections.
- Make any final changes now!
- Order fixtures.
Two to four weeks:
- Electrician installs fixtures.
- Enjoy your selections!
- In-house landscape lighting consultation.
- Any other consultation with Dominion lighting consultant.
- Thank you! To make sure everything is okay and discuss future plans, feel free to contact Dominion at any time.