Dominion Electric has been serving professionals and homeowners for over 70 years.
We have three lighting showrooms in the area that operate out of our branch locations: one in Arlington, Virginia; one in Chantilly, Virginia and one in Laurel, Maryland.
Each staffed with a different buyer, our showrooms have three distinct product selections displaying the very newest trends in fixtures. Because we continuously sell our display items, our inventory is constantly changing – what you see one month is likely to be very different the next.
We’re paying attention from the moment you walk in.
When you visit one of our lighting showrooms, expect a warm greeting and the attention of someone who knows what they’re talking about. Our team of American Lighting Association-certified residential lighting consultants boasts decades of experience working with architects, interior designers, builders and homeowners. Not only will they demonstrate the latest design trends, they will also teach you about the newest technologies and the energy-saving benefits they offer. Most importantly, they will take the time to listen in order to provide you with the best counsel possible –– something that’s not available at a big box store or online.
as doing what it
takes to make our
customers happy. ”
Catherine Schlawin, Showroom Manager, Chantilly
Whether you need a lighting design for a grand-scale construction project, or if you’re seeking a sleek, cost-effective solution for a small apartment, we are here to answer all of your questions and guide you through the process. At the same time, we will have a some questions of our own. Here are a few to get the discussion started:
- What are you lighting your space for? Aesthetic purposes? Practical reasons? Both?
- What are the needs of the space’s occupants? (For example, will those with limited vision be using the space? Do you have small children who risk burning themselves on fixtures that tend to generate a lot of heat?)
- What are the measurements and dimensions of the space you wish to light?
- How high is your ceiling?
- What reflective surfaces (walls, tables, other furnishings) will exist in the space, and what color are they?
- What color are your switches and dimmers?
We love to work with as much information as possible, so feel free to supply us with magazine tearsheets, paint samples and samples of your finishes, as well as photographs and links on your iPad or iPhone. While we encourage you to make an appointment if you require design consultation for a large lighting project, walk-ins are not only welcomed –– they’re encouraged.